There’s no better way to do this than by selling your products on Amazon, a massive marketplace where customers go when they need anything. Amazon Marketplace allows businesses to sell for a charge on their website, which is a great method to sell under a well-known and reputable brand. Not only that, but Amazon can also store your products, fill orders, and more, reducing your workload and ensuring that your customers are happy and post favourable reviews (key for attracting new customers).
Selling on Amazon India is one of the most profitable methods to generate money online today. Selling on Amazon may be quite rewarding if you choose the right products to sell and understand how things work. Whether you want to start a full-fledged business or supplement your family’s income, becoming an Amazon seller is one of the finest ways to do so.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon India?
Because of its enormous product diversity, ecommerce market penetration, and strong retail advertising platform, Amazon is in a unique position to assist you in capitalising on this growth. India is one of the world’s largest countries, with a population of over 1.3 billion people, and a tremendous opportunity for ecommerce businesses looking to expand into new markets.
India’s ecommerce market is exploding, with online retail revenue expected to double from $20.6 billion in 2017 to $40.8 billion by 2020. The approximately 560 million active internet users in India, who are searching for bargains, products, and online services, are fuelling this rise.
- The most rapidly expanding eCommerce marketplace
- Get in touch with customers all around India.
- It’s simple to register and set up an Amazon store.
- Amazon selling tools of the highest calibre are available to you.
- Payments made on time.
- Seller service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why sell on Amazon?
Amazon is India’s largest online marketplace, with a consumer base that is virtually unimaginable. There are about 3 lakh Amazon sellers. Imagine being able to reach millions of people the moment your product goes live on Amazon. Amazon now sells over 3 billion products, demonstrating its immense strength. When you consider the ease of use and payment security, Amazon is undoubtedly one of the greatest sites to sell things online.
- Low Startup Costs.
- Millions of potential customers.
- Amazon prime members are the benefit.
- No need to build your own website.
- You can begin making money immediately.
- The best customer experience.
- Amazon’s reputation transfers to your business.
Selling on Amazon India: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Make a decision on what you’ll sell on Amazon India
On Amazon India, there are over 300,000 merchants, each with their own own brands and product categories. A best-seller on Amazon US isn’t always the best-seller on Amazon India. Simply go to the Amazon India best-sellers section to find out what are the most popular products in each category. Find the category that interests you and scan the list of top achievers from there.
It’s critical to analyse what your own product line has to offer once you’ve decided which category you’ll be entering, and which products are at the top of the rankings. Do you have any items that are comparable to the best-selling items? Do your best-selling products match or correlate with those on the best-seller list? When it comes to your first Amazon India product line, be cautious. Don’t try to load your complete product line all at once. Set up your best-selling product or the product you believe is the most similar to it on Amazon India. Then gradually extend from there.
2. Register on Amazon India
To get started, you’ll need to sign up for an Amazon seller account as either an Individual or a Professional. As a startup, you’ll want a Professional account because you’ll be selling more than 35 things a month (ideally) and you’ll be able to sell a wider choice of products. After you’ve set up your account, you’ll need to create product listings, and you should conduct keyword research to improve your listings’ visibility. Depending on the type of business you run, you’ll need to gather different sets of paperwork before registering.
If you’re a sole proprietor or an individual, you’ll need the following documents:
- GST Registration number
- PAN number
- Bank account number
- Email ID
- Contact number
For Private Limited Company, you will need:
- GST Registration number
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of Memorandum of Association
- Bank Account Number
- Email ID
- Contact number
Amazon seller registration is a simple process with only a few steps. If you have all of the necessary paperwork, seller registration should take no longer than 20 minutes. To become an Amazon seller, go to sellercentral.amazon.in and click on Register today to begin the registration procedure. Register on the official Amazon seller’s portal once you have all of the necessary documents. It’s worth noting that if you register as a PLC, you’ll have more options to grow over time than if you register as a sole proprietor.
3. Add your products to Amazon India’s store
Amazon India’s Seller Central portal is where you may upload your products. You can upload them individually or as part of a larger group.
Follow these procedures to upload one at a time:
- Log in to your seller account and select the Inventory tab, then Add a Product.
- Copy the UPC or EAN of your product and paste it into the Find it on Amazon search box to see if it already appears in the catalogue. If there isn’t a match, click Create to make a new product.
- You’ll be asked to categorise your new product by choosing from a selection of options. These categories must be carefully chosen because they cannot be changed once the detail page has been built.
- Fill in the product details in the tabs Vital Info, Offer, Images, Description, Keywords, and More Details once the detail page has been established.
- To finish, click Save.
Follow these procedures to upload numerous goods at once:
- Log in to your seller account, go to the Inventory menu, and then to Add products through upload.
- Download the proper file for the category of products you’re uploading.
- Open the Excel file you just downloaded. It should include clear step-by-step directions for filling out the required information for each product.
- Log back into your Amazon.in seller account after the file is done and complete. Go to the Inventory tab, click Add products via upload, and then go to File Type and pick Inventory Files under the Upload Your Inventory File tab. To upload, choose your completed Excel file. It’s possible that the uploading process will take some time.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message indicating the message is complete. Well done!
4. Managing Orders
While Amazon will handle a lot of the legwork for you, it is critical that you monitor your own inventory because if you do not ship things when they are shown as in stock, you will receive a worse rating. After an order is placed, Amazon will automatically update stock, but if you sell on other marketplaces or have your own ecommerce shop, you will need to manually manage your inventory.
Using a trusted courier, such as TNT Direct, is one of the most effective ways to manage your cargo. Ecommerce delivery solutions with capabilities that interact with your online marketplace accounts for easy, accurate, and effective handling of your orders can be provided by couriers like this. This also ensures that your goods are delivered on time, which is critical for maintaining a positive reputation and acquiring and retaining clients.
5. Sign up for Amazon FBA in Amazon India
When you’re entering a new market and don’t know how to handle the shipping procedure and prices, Amazon is a great solution to streamline the fulfilment process. To join Amazon FBA, simply follow these steps:
- Select Fulfilled by Amazon from the Services tab by hovering your mouse over it.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the new page and click Enrol for FBA today.
- You’ll be redirected to a different page. To complete the application procedure, fill in the required information.
- After you submit your application, someone from the Amazon FBA team will contact you and assist you in getting started.
Ecommerce is a fantastic sector to break into, but it is also quite competitive, making it difficult to get your products noticed. Selling your things on Amazon is a sensible decision because it is a massive marketplace where customers generally go first when looking for anything. Selling here and taking steps to increase listing exposure and ensure that orders are fulfilled quickly can help your ecommerce business grow and profit.
If you’re a product seller, Amazon’s seller programme is a fantastic method to develop your business beyond geographical boundaries. For a newcomer, setting up an Amazon seller account may take some time. You may be confident that Amazon’s brand recognition and superior logistics will assist you in scaling your business.